The day you birth your baby is seared in your memory forever. Birth is a natural biological process and it is a transformational and challenging experience for most women. A doula is a trained professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to a mother and her partner before, during and just after birth. Studies have shown that when doulas attend births, labors are shorter with fewer interventions and less need for pain medication. Babies are often healthier and they breastfeed more easily. Kate is committed to helping women prepare for birth, making sure they are cared for and held in a loving space during this life altering event and supported as they face the early days of mothering.
Doula Care with Kate Includes:
- 2 Prenatal/Birth Preparation Sessions
- 1 Prenatal massage is included (10% off additional prenatal massage sessions)
- On-call availability beginning 2 weeks before & after your due date
- Support for you in labor beginning when you feel you need it. This can be at home or in the hospital.
- Support for your partner in labor
- Immediate Post partum support
- 2 Post partum home visits
- Breastfeeding support